Not getting email notifications & All folders of PM messages gone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now have adds showing up too and thought that was suppose to stop if you were a SMF premier member.
I have made many comments about this new forum and can only say I have no more other then to say so many complaints by so many is not good.

Warren

Now have adds showing up too and thought that was suppose to stop if you were a SMF premier member.
I have made many comments about this new forum and can only say I have no more other then to say so many complaints by so many is not good.

Warren

Hi Warren, we don't show any ads to premier members. Can you let me know if you're seeing an in-house ad (i.e. 25% off) or Amazon ads? Those units, we don't control directly so I'll need to let Jeff know if you're seeing those. A screenshot of where you're seeing the ads would be most helpful so we know where to go and what to look for. Thanks!

..I'll need to let Jeff know if you're seeing those. ..

Thank you, Steph for bringing this to my attention.. I will look into it for Warren.

Warren

Warren,

You are absolutely correct in that SMF Premier Members should not be seeing ads anywhere on SMF.

I do not turn off the ads for myself so I appreciate you letting me know about this. In checking into this, I have turned off the ads and labeled myself as a "SMF Premier Member" so that I can get the same experience as other paying members and I am not able to find any ads showing anywhere.

Please give me some references, links or screenshots so I can see the ads that are showing up on your account and hopefully figure out why they are showing.

I appreciate your help with this.

Thank you, Steph for bringing this to my attention.. I will look into it for Warren.

Warren,

You are absolutely correct in that SMF Premier Members should not be seeing ads anywhere on SMF.

I do not turn off the ads for myself so I appreciate you letting me know about this. In checking into this, I have turned off the ads and labeled myself as a "SMF Premier Member" so that I can get the same experience as other paying members and I am not able to find any ads showing anywhere.

Please give me some references, links or screenshots so I can see the ads that are showing up on your account and hopefully figure out why they are showing.

I appreciate your help with this.

Thanks Jeff I will try and help track this. It seems that when I click on post a reply it will show an ad before I can do that I just remove them and go ahead. Don't mean to be a problem just thought I'd let you know. Will try to help if I can.

Thanks
Warren

No email notifications again for days but logged in on an old email notification in the trash to see 13 new alerts!?

Under watched threads you can comment on a thread then you automatically have it added to your watched threads list that way or add it by selecting watch this thread. You can go under watched forums and add a forum to watch and select messages vs. New threads when you add a watched forum and get all posts in that forum to notify you.

I'm still not getting email notifications except one over the last few days. What happened?
I don't have a problem with threads, it's members I used to like to follow like Bear, Al, JJ and a few others I liked to follow.
I used to get a notification on anything they posted or replied to so I could follow along.
Got a lot of great info just following along and reading their posts and replys...I kinda miss that.

Walt

I don't have a problem with threads, it's members I used to like to follow like Bear, Al, JJ and a few others I liked to follow.
I used to get a notification on anything they posted or replied to so I could follow along.
Got a lot of great info just following along and reading their posts and replys...I kinda miss that.

Walt
When you click on a members avatar it shows follow etc. So you can follow members. it's about getting email notifications for me. I quoted you and that was the first email notification I've received in a few days. I can honestly say I'm not involved as much on SMF due to this and it's not by choice. By the time I check in without an email notification everyone has all the questions answered and has new dialogue posts from the day before. I'm not retired so email notifications are very important for me to stay current and involved. I want to earn an OTBS status being involved since 2013 but no email notifications make it difficult. I bought the Premier status which is good to contribute but really it was because of ad scareware I needed to get rid of on this site. Just in a sort of limbo.

Kurt, I've got just the opposite problem. I thought I had email notifications turned off, but I still keep on getting them.

Chris

Kurt, I've got just the opposite problem. I thought I had email notifications turned off, but I still keep on getting them.

Chris
Bear sent me this.....
They've been trying to iron out problems since they changed platforms.
Jeff's been working on it pretty much.
You could try adding a comment to the following Thread.
Tell what you did & what's not happening:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...f-pm-messages-gone.268562/page-6#post-1824334

Well...I read the 6 pages of comment and for the life of me I still don't know haw to receive the emails I used to get on the forums I followed.....I haven't received anything in about a year.....and I'm a "premium Member" too....Can anyone tell me what I need to do to start getting the emails/discussions like I used to.....I relied upon them for the GREAT info that many of them contained. (Just learnt about smoking Dino Ribs" from Bear!!!)
Pete

Bear sent me this.....
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...f-pm-messages-gone.268562/page-6#post-1824334

Well...I read the 6 pages of comment and for the life of me I still don't know haw to receive the emails I used to get on the forums I followed.....I haven't received anything in about a year.....and I'm a "premium Member" too....Can anyone tell me what I need to do to start getting the emails/discussions like I used to.....I relied upon them for the GREAT info that many of them contained. (Just learnt about smoking Dino Ribs" from Bear!!!)
Pete

Hover your mouse over your screen name in the upper right corner of the screen and choose contact details. You should see a list of various ways to receive email notifications. I think the last choice is for watched threads. I don't know if it's working properly yet. Check the box and see if that's what your looking for.

Chris

Was working fine a long time but now wonky. No notifications for me for last few days.

Bear sent me this.....

Pete
Check your spam folder to make sure they aren't going there. If they are, move them to inbox so that the address [email protected] (or whatever the address is) goes to inbox and add it to contacts to make sure. I have a list of forums I watch so under watched forums at the bottom it says with selected. So I check the box next to all my watched forums then go to the bottom and under with selected check email and alerts and ok then it shows next to each forum that you get alerts and email notifications and I want notifications on new messages (everything) not just new threads. So under watched forums each forum says new messages, alerts, emails. Emails are old and redundant for the same thread but I don't care if they are redundant. Old threads keep me out of the helping loop in a timely manner so in my main forums electric smokers and masterbuilt smokers or whatever forum thst is, whatever is in Bear's signature that he refers members to I just let it go because he'll be around soon to direct them. I'm back to lurking like in 2013. With what we've got now it's inhibiting me from contributing like before.

IMG_20180712_131252.png
IMG_20180712_131413.png
IMG_20180712_131510.png

All my boxes have been checked on this page you screen shot. I do get emails but old ones. The first box on your screen shot is unchecked for updates and news and should be checked by default so if admin ever decides to broadcast a msg to all members it will at least show up as an alert if email notifications don't work. I remember being in limbo for awhile before realizing we we're going through platform changes in Sept 2017 but wasn't notified before the chaos.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky