North Florida Gathering 2020 Canceled

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Will be good to get the old crew together again. Although We will be slower and crabbier. But will be good to see some new folks. Hope i can make it. Vaca is on the calendar at work....

Great to hear! Count us in. We have picked up a camper since the last time so it would be good if there is a spot available. 26 ft, 30 Amp. I have about 50 ft of cable.

Our daughter-in-law is due on April 7th with our 3rd grandbaby so we will be playing it by ear to see if Jessica (my wife) makes it.

Last edited:
The buildings for the most part are fine I do have to replace some 4x4 posts on the little pole barn we made temporary repairs to them but I do need to replace 4-6 of them at some point. They were concreted in well and the top was secured well and neither gave at all however the 4x4's themselves weren't up to those cat 4 winds and broke. I haven't replaced them yet as it's going to take several people and at least one more that can run equipment because we're going to have to lift both sides at once toward one end and shift it back over about a foot.
The greenhouses survived fairly well I took off the shade cloth and cut the plastic off. Better to spend a thousand or two replacing plastic then to have to pay thousands to replace the entire structures. I still have some small repairs and some changes I want to make to them before putting new plastic on but it's on the to do list lol. I told a couple friends to cut plastic on theirs but they didn't listen and have replaced or are having to replace the entire structures so I feel lucky.

Well less than a month away now. Hope the weather is decent but who knows

Hey Jerry, great to hear from you. Phyllis and I would love to attend. we will stay at the hotel.

I hate to do this but with the new CDC guidelines we are going to cancel the Gathering

Maybe we can reschedule it for later in the year if we get the all clear

I really didn't want to cancel it but with the new not over 10 in a group thing. The stores if open being out of so many things. The virus continuing you spread rather fast Karen and I just felt it the best thing to do I also consulted a couple members who while wanting to have it agreed it would probably be better/safer to cancel at least for now maybe if things straighten out maybe a fall Gathering if we can work it out without interfering with other ones.

Reactions: DanMcG
Hey old friends, long time, no post. Eman (Bob) sent me a note telling me about the Gathering. Will keep an eye out for the reschedule and try to make plans to attend when it's rescheduled. Would love to catch back up with everyone, especially my Buddy, Jerry.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Laurel good to see you around again it's been way to long

Reactions: sumosmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky