Non-Wrapped ABT's with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sfclene

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
Akron Ohio
Hello everyone,
Last weekend I was at the store and saw a pack of Hungarian Peppers that I couldn't pass up. Got home with them and decided they needed to be stuffed with sausage and cheese and smoked up in my new toy.... a Traeger Pro 22. Made these two ways.
1. Pepper stuffed with Italian sausage mixed with cream cheese then topped with shredded Colby and sprinkled with some rub
2.Pepper stuffed with homemade chorizo mixed with cream cheese then topped with shredded Colby and sprinkled with some rub

IMG_1133.jpg

Here is my homemade Chorizo (never made it before just found a quick seasoning recipe mixed it up and let it rest for a few hours before cooking)

After cooking that and the Italian sausage up it was time to stuff the peppers and top with cheese and get them on the smoker!!

IMG_1137.jpg

Here they are getting dropped in the Traeger for a little love
After about 30 mins I pulled them off just to leave a good bite through on the pepper itself, and seeing how all ingredients were previously cooked this was just for flavor and the melting of the cheese

IMG_1143.jpg

Finished product with a close up

IMG_1142.jpg

These were very simple and easy. Plus very tasty. Hope you enjoyed thanks for looking.

Like like like !

Points! Lol very nice easy snacks. good idea. rub for seasonings.. nice!

Using some chorizo sausage would be a good game day thing too.. Kinda goes with some beer and salsa with Tostitos lol

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_114431.png
    IMG_20171006_114431.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 46
Thank you glad you liked it. And yes the chorizo goes great for a game day snack and a good beer to cool off the mouth after!!!

We like them with the little sweet peppers
Yours look great
Richie
I don't understand the connection with Jalopenos and heat,I have only had hot jalopenos once, and when I went back for more they were gone. A little secret to increase heat in jalopenos, when growing the peppers and they are good size starve them for water for two wks. or I like to mix my jalopernos in with my habeneros and let them cross-polinate and makes the jalopenos have a little kick. try this if you want a little kick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky