Noche de Fiesta Mexicana / Mexican Feast Night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yet another great meal from Chili! I used some tips from one of your post to turn some left over pulled chucky into barbacoa tacos, and they were great. I would be risking life and limb if I tried to use short ribs for anything "spicy" (with my wife anything beyond salt and garlic, is "spicy"), but I bet I could get away with cheeks if I can find them. yet another one of your post bookmarked. You really need to setup an index like Bear, it sure would save me sometime LOL!
Thanks Pete, appreciate it, glad you like them and get some mileage out of my cooks.

Those dishes look fantastic!!

Not sure if I can get Mexican food like that around my area.

Need to work on my Mexican cooking skills. If they turn out halfway close to what you made there. I'd be very happy.
Very kind in your assessment, thanks.
Go find yourself a hole in the wall Mexican place, one with two Mama'sitas and three regular kitchen stoves lined up against one wall, the food will be there and they may make anything you desire with a day's notice and a $20.00 tip.
But it sure as heck is more fun and rewarding to cook it yourself.

Very kind in your assessment, thanks.
Go find yourself a hole in the wall Mexican place, one with two Mama'sitas and three regular kitchen stoves lined up against one wall, the food will be there and they may make anything you desire with a day's notice and a $20.00 tip.
But it sure as heck is more fun and rewarding to cook it yourself.

Thanks for the advice

After seeing that last night. I went to the Mexican grocery store. They have a meat market there. Got 2lbs of Al pastor some tortillas and spicy re fried beans. Made that up with some Spanish rice. It all turned out well.

But afterwards I needed a siesta. Lol

Going to the book store soon and look around for some Mexican cook books to buy.

Thanks for the advice

After seeing that last night. I went to the Mexican grocery store. They have a meat market there. Got 2lbs of Al pastor some tortillas and spicy re fried beans. Made that up with some Spanish rice. It all turned out well.

But afterwards I needed a siesta. Lol

Going to the book store soon and look around for some Mexican cook books to buy.
My kinda meal, I'd tear that up! The hotter the better!
chilerelleno chilerelleno you killed it my friends. Everything looked wonderful. After moving from our state's capital to a small town, I don't get to eat much ethnic food anymore. Loved trying everything and anything.
Thanks guys, really appreciate all the comments, compliments and feedback.
Glad to inspire people to get in the kitchen and cook.
Thanks for the Likes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky