no boil smoked Mac n cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cjohnson3006

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 19, 2010
Butler county kansas
Been playing with perfecting my Mac n cheese. Thought I'd share.

3 cups dry macaroni
4 cups whole milk
Dollup of veggie oil
1 stick salted butter
1 cup shredded brisket leftover from previous cook
1 can cheddar soup
1lb shredded 3 cheese blend
2 T salt
2 T brisket rub
5-6 splashes Chipotle Tabasco

Put macaroni, milk, oil, butter and brisket in foil pan. Add seasonings. Top with cheeses. Cook in 275 degree smoker an hour and a half. Stir, cover and cook till milk absorbed. Enjoy

Reactions: noboundaries
Been trying to perfect my Smoked Mac and Cheese as well (very similar recipe). I'm going to try yours this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

It sounds very interesting, but we have been using the mac-n-cheese recipe on the carton of Velveeta cheese for years & really have not found one that we like better!
It is probably the original Velveeta recipe from when they started making Velveeta cheese.
Al

Still haven't made mac-n-cheese on the smoker - someday. Yours looks like a good recipe.

Chris

Reactions: Binford 6100
I never had smoked mac&cheese until last year, when i made a version of this recipe. This is the bomb!! Use the large mac elbows!
It will be your new go to comfort food!

I might try this one..I like ultra creamy mac n cheese, always on the hunt for the creamiest one, and with Smoking I have limited knowledge in that pursuit.

Great idea using uncooked macaroni. That's definitely got my brain working.

I make lasagna using uncooked noodles. They absorb the liquid from the cheese and sauce. People are always amazed how well it stays together. I can see a similar effect with uncooked macaroni in mac n cheese. I LIKE it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky