• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aldb

Original poster
Nov 25, 2006
atlanta, ga
hi everyone
i'm new here and fairly new at smokin meats. I've smoke a few chickens. they turned out delicious, but now i want to try something new. i'm in atlanta, and need some new ideas, recipes, etc...
i love to eat :) and love to cook for my family, so any help, advice or anything is much appreciated.
God bless !!

Welcome!

Glad you are here.

What type of smoker do you have? Please consider taking Jeff's 5-Day Course on smoking basics.

As far as ideas on what to smoke, just about anything you can roast you can also smoke. Then there are the meats that benefit from the "low and slow" of smoking like brisket, ribs, and pork butt.

Browse through the various forums to see what others have been smoking. Don't be afraid to ask questions because the friendly folks here at SMF will make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Welcome to SMF aldb!!! As meowey stated above there are enough recipes all over the forum already to keep you busy a looong time. It sounds like your about ready to give a pork butt a try to me.

Keep us posted and keep "smokin away". ;)

aldb, glad to have you with us. Check out the recipe section as well as the various meat forums for recipes. We have recipes for appetisers to nuts, so make a list and start "smoking away".

Welcome aldb. If you're ready to get into some smokin.. you're in the right place for answers.. they're everywhere. If you can't find the answer just ask.

Maybe you should go for a nice rack or two of ribs. Try using the 3-2-1 method to amaze yourself and family. Check out the rub recipes all around you or try Jeff's Naked Rib Rub... it's amazing. Pork butt is forgiving, give that a try too. What ever strikes your fancy.

Don't be afraid to jump in with both feet.. failure is usually the beginning of greatness

Keep Smokin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky