newbie to Jeff's site

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

butcher babe

Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Hi...I'm very happy to find this forum. I've been interesting in smoking meat for some time now. I've done a little jerky and salmon in a 'big chief' electric smoker that came my way. I want to do more and explore it.
I love all things food and currently work at a butcher shop and talk with many people that do their own smoking when they come to buy their meat for it. We don't have a smoke house and send out all of our stuff to another place to make salamis, pepperoni, bacon, etc. I'm very interested in it all. Can't wait to check out more of this site. Recently I've purchased a large barrel bbq and hope to fashion it into a smoker.
So...howdy smokers!....look forward to reading your posts....and if you have anything you'd like to ask about meats....please do.

butcher babe

Welcome aboard, Butcher Babe, I think you will enjoy this site. Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t forget to check out Jeffâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Smoking Basics eCourse, it will give you the basics in a concise manner and help you understand alot about what everyone is talking about. Prepare yourself for some excellent Q!
wink.gif

Welcome to SMF butcher babe! I'm a former butcher myself, but on occasion, I'll order in some primals and do steaks and roasts for the family.

Nice to have you with us and looking forward to seeing you progress into a pitmaster or should that be pitmistress?

Enjoy!

Welcome to SMF Butcher Babe!!! You just couldn't have too many butchers on a smoking meat site I don't think.

What exactly is a primal?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky