Newbie from Iowa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cjroff

Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
Iowa
I am new to the site. Recently took up hobby of smoking and working on first batches of venison summer sausage. I have a Masterbuilt 40" smoker. Would love any tips.

Thanks, I have a question if any one can answer.  I am working to make summer sausage right now.   I will not be able to smoke them till this weekend.  What is the best way to store them?  Should I seal and freeze until the weekend?  They are ready to go just have to wait for the time. Any suggestions?

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks noshrimp and Gary S glad to be a part of this great site.

Welcome to SMF Cj and were glad to have you aboard so join in, share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite………

The Q-veiw

Happy smoking

Joe

Assuming cure was added keep the meat sealed or stored in a something to avoid losing moisture or air getting to the meat. If they are ready to go stuffed in the casing and are chubs. Wrap each of them good in saran wrap and place in a container and keep them refrigerated..... They'll be good till you smoke/cook this weekend

Last edited:
Thanks, they are ready to go.  Just waiting for the time to get to it.  Thanks for all the advice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky