Newbie from Batangas City, Philippines

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DaveSkybiker

Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
Batangas City, Philippines
Hi everyone.
I just built myself a 200L steel drum smoker, or UDS (as per youtube) and I am looking for tips on smoking, and possible charcoal and wood sources around the area; if anyone is from near me anyway. I've tried using local charcoal, but it burns too quickly, and briquette sources are at least 110km away from me.

Thanks!

Welcome from Texas, or should I say kamusta .......my wife is from Pangasinan. Good luck on finding fuel, I know its difficult there....

Hi everyone.
I just built myself a 200L steel drum smoker, or UDS (as per youtube) and I am looking for tips on smoking, and possible charcoal and wood sources around the area; if anyone is from near me anyway. I've tried using local charcoal, but it burns too quickly, and briquette sources are at least 110km away from me.

Thanks!

My BIL had charcoal made out of a Mango tree that he had cut down.
Try the places that make furniture,I think they are using Mahogany
Welcome to SMF my wife is from Pasay.
Richie

Welcome aboard Dave, Looking forward to seeing with what you come up with. Keep us informed.

Chris

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a muggy wet day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

HI
I know it has been a long time since you posted. Just in case you have not found any try looking at BarrelProPlus on Facebook they might have what you are looking for and plenty more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky