New Zealand lamb chops with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wlkwichita

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Wichita Kansas
To the person who mentioned the Penzey's Bicentennial Rub for lamb...  <SALUTE>

I applied a bit of extra virgin olive oil and some Penzey’s Bicentennial Rub. That rub is wonderful!!! It has orange peel in it for a slight citrus flavor. I want to try it on chicken.

I smoked the chops for only an hour or so to hit 135F internal. I then transferred the chops to a HOT grill to brown them and seal the juices. They came out medium rare and quite tasty!!

My wife has been wanting lamb for dinner, and I sure scored some brownie points with this meal!!!

Rubbed and wating on the smoker to get ready:

423f2cd5_Lambreadytosmoke9-11-2010.jpg

2888db22_lambchops9-11-2010.jpg

those look great.......sucks i'm the only one who likes lamb in the house.

icon_cool.gif

Man the lamb chops look fabulous and yumO too. I would also like to see some sliced but I know what that looks like cause I grill them all the time in our house. Sorry for you chef being the only one who like lamb in your house. I guess I'm lucky for now we have a penzey spice near me.

Last edited:
I'm not big on lamb, but my wife loves it. I'll have to try out the rub you suggested & see how it goes. I gotta admit though, the finished pics do look delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky