New Zealand lamb chops with Q-View

Discussion in 'Lamb' started by wlkwichita, Sep 11, 2010.

1. To the person who mentioned the Penzey's Bicentennial Rub for lamb...  <SALUTE>

I applied a bit of extra virgin olive oil and some Penzey’s Bicentennial Rub. That rub is wonderful!!! It has orange peel in it for a slight citrus flavor. I want to try it on chicken.

I smoked the chops for only an hour or so to hit 135F internal. I then transferred the chops to a HOT grill to brown them and seal the juices. They came out medium rare and quite tasty!!

My wife has been wanting lamb for dinner, and I sure scored some brownie points with this meal!!!

Rubbed and wating on the smoker to get ready:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great. Any sliced pics? I must have missed that rub recipe. Can you share it?

3. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I did a search for the rub and I found the post you were talking about. Did you buy the rub on their web page or can you get it locally?

4. Bought it online.

5. My wife is urging me to repeat this dinner. I will get "sliced" pics next time.

6. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    those look great.......sucks i'm the only one who likes lamb in the house.

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Man the lamb chops look fabulous and yumO too. I would also like to see some sliced but I know what that looks like cause I grill them all the time in our house. Sorry for you chef being the only one who like lamb in your house. I guess I'm lucky for now we have a penzey spice near me.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  8. bbq71

bbq71 Newbie

I'm not big on lamb, but my wife loves it. I'll have to try out the rub you suggested & see how it goes. I gotta admit though, the finished pics do look delicious.

9. scubadoo97

scubadoo97 Smoking Fanatic

Another lamb lover here.  You've got company