New to the crew (NY)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kennys223

Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
My name is Ken and I currently live in Sackets Harbor, NY. Originally, born and raised in San Jose, CA. Find myself new to smoking food. I started smoking food this year after catching salmon in the Salmon River. I tried every technique I could think of cooking the salmon but when I was told to smoke it, I gave it a try. Started off with a Little Chief Smoker which worked out great. Then the weather started to get colder here and the Little Chief Smoker could not hold its Temperature. So, I started doing some research for another smoker. I wanted to stay with electric because its more convenient for me. So, after Thanksgiving I purchased a Masterbuilt 30" Electric Digital Smoker and I love it! It is awesome! It was 30 degrees one day and smoked some salmon and it was a breeze. Just started getting into ribs and it has been very tasty. Just wanted to look around for other techniques and I found this website. I look forward to searching this forum for advice and tips.

Welcome aboard Ken!  Glad you've joined the family.  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky