New to smoking but love to grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

macawmatt

Original poster
Oct 2, 2016
My wife and I have talked about getting a smoker for several years and just never decided it was what we wanted to spend the money on. Last week the wife mentioned that we have a fair bit of Cabela's points oiling up so I said let's get a smoker. She got that look that means she is mulling it over, one of those times it can go either way. Well, I'm posting here so I hope you can guess what she said, meant I had a few more "chores" this weekend but it'll be worth it in the end. 

So after reading all 1349 post on the thread about the new MES bluetooth smokers, I ordered the 40" bluetooth model from Cabela's and now have to wait the infuriatingly long shiptime from them, man I love Amazon. So the estimated delivery is the 11th, should give me enough time to absorb some more information and be ready to run my first meat through the machine that weekend.

For the other bits, I'm born and raised in SE Kansas, spend fair bit of time over in Springfield, MO. Married, no kids, three dogs, 2 birds, 3 donkeys, 2 sheep, and 24 ducks. Was that too much??

Oh well, but anyways, got a friend in Springfield who loves his UDS smokers. Might be my next foray after some I get some hours on my MES.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a nice day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky