New to Smoking and Grilling!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lawrencem

Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Souther California
Hi Everyone, I've been looking around the site for the past few weeks, learning and seeing what everyone has made and decided it was time to dive in and join!

I live in Southern California and never smoked meat in my life. About a month ago I bought half a cow and decided I probably needed something to cook it in. So I went out and bought the Longhorn Combo Grill.

So far, I've smoked a london broil, ribeye steak (reverse seared) and a couple of chuck roasts. I'm still getting familiar with the different cuts of meat and the grill.

I'm loving it so far and with all the great advice on this forum I hope to really up my smoking/grilling game!

Thank you!

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence!

welcome1.gif
  to the forum!

Glad to have you with us!

I think we all envy you with that freezer full of meat!

Al

Welcome to the site i am with smokin Al love the freezer full of meat lol.
You will come to find there are a lot of great people here that are full of information
Papa t

Thank you Al. Glad to be here! It's that freezer full of meat that got me here. Now I just need to learn the right way to cook it!

Thanks Papa t. It was the friendly nature of the posts that I read that convinced me to join. Looking forward to learning everything I can.

-Lawrence

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky