New Styles and Color Options (Layouts) for SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jeff,

just a heads up that the placement of this ad slot covers all the functions of the buttons of the alerts... you have to refresh then you only get a short moment to reach them.

ad placement.PNG

Reactions: indaswamp
Jeff,

just a heads up that the placement of this ad slot covers all the functions of the buttons of the alerts... you have to refresh then you only get a short moment to reach them.

View attachment 645048
Can you let me know what device and browser you are using?

You should not be seeing an ad in that location.. sometimes different browsers and devices react differently to the data they are trying to show.

I will turn in a ticket for that once I have your information. Thank you for letting me know!

Can you let me know what device and browser you are using?

You should not be seeing an ad in that location.. sometimes different browsers and devices react differently to the data they are trying to show.

I will turn in a ticket for that once I have your information. Thank you for letting me know!
MS Edge V105.0.1343.53 and a PC - Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H1

Off topic Jeff but have you ever considered adding dedicated sub forums for the various sponsors for both coupon codes and product questions? Perhaps just a single sub forum even?

I am seeing a What's New topic at the top on both desktop and mobile.. here's a couple of screenshots:

View attachment 645012

And on mobile.. click on the 3 stacked lines at the top left..

View attachment 645013

View attachment 645014

Let me know if you're not seeing this.
I am not seeing them in the top banner. I do see that "what's new" when lick on the 3 stacked lines. Will have to see what happens when I view going to page 2 on different topic.
This topic gives me no option other than backspace thru the pages.

I am not seeing them in the top banner. I do see that "what's new" when lick on the 3 stacked lines. Will have to see what happens when I view going to page 2 on different topic.
This topic gives me no option other than backspace thru the pages.
Sounds like you are on mobile… I would touch the logo at the top of the page, then click on “new posts” for the quickest way back to the new posts you haven’t read yet.

It was looking really good . This morning the columns are so narrow it's just about unusable for me .

That's what I'm on too . Reply box is 2 inches wide .
Not sure how to get a screen shot , so had to take a pic .
1664890267479.jpeg

1664890246286.jpeg

Oh wow.. OK, let me look into this. Gremlins did something while I was sleeping.

Reactions: chopsaw
I get that narrow box too, but if I reach over and drag the right edge of the whole page about 1 1/2" to the left, the whole page becomes full & wide, with the stuff that's on the right side moved to the bottom.
I hope that makes sense.

Bear

Like I said above, in post #52:
Here is my narrow reply box.
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.58.35 AM.png

And here it is after I reduce the width of the whole page by about 1 1/2":
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.58.03 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.58.03 AM.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.58.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.58.35 AM.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.58.03 AM.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 1
My reply box is 7+ inches on my laptop, using ULX brown, ULX orange & default . Love being able to change themes, when I get bored LOL. Good job Jeff.

Last edited:
I made a few tweaks but I'm not sure if I made it better or worse.. can I get some feedback?

Thanks!

I'm cooking and photographing today as well so give me a few minutes to get back and forth and we'll get this sorted out.

I made a few tweaks but I'm not sure if I made it better or worse.. can I get some feedback?

Thanks!

I'm cooking and photographing today as well so give me a few minutes to get back and forth and we'll get this sorted out.

Hi Jeff!!
Glad to see you're working on making things even better.
If you get a chance, can you shake & rattle the cage of whoever knows how to fix the long term problem of the Alert notifications.
I get maybe one a day, and my number is down to 263 today.
It seems as though it's been given up on.

Bear

my reply box is very tiny and my screen won't let me move in the side like bearcarver is suggesting to make the replys and the box bigger. this is on my desktop computer

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky