New Styles and Color Options (Layouts) for SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
TulsaJeff TulsaJeff
Thank you very much,
That is perfect , and I know you work very hard at keeping all of us happy
I for one really like the SMF format that you have built. ( big page and the Carousel )

Again that is how I really like it , I know I have only been here less than 2 years
but it is easy to use and fun to be part of this.

David

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Is there a setting that allows the signatures to seen all the time. Currently, they have to be toggled on, but when I change topics, they revert to off. I guess off is the default, but I'd like to be able to turn them on and they stay on regardless of logging in and out or changing topics.

I have signatures turned on in my preferences, maybe I'm missing something...

I've tried the new formats but keep going back to the default SMF. If you could keep everything from the SMF format but do it in a dark mode, that might be really cool. I use dark mode on most applications where available. I find the brightness level on dark modes, in general, to be easier on the eyes.

Reactions: TNJAKE
So playing around with this... I see we lost the little dots telling us if there has been a new post added to a thread that has been read ...

So far it's ok I guess...

Reactions: gmc2003
So playing around with this... I see we lost the little dots telling us if there has been a new post added to a thread that has been read ...

So far it's ok I guess...
Good point…

In the new styles, instead of a dot the font is bolded to indicate that there are post that you have not read.

I've tried the new formats but keep going back to the default SMF. If you could keep everything from the SMF format but do it in a dark mode, that might be really cool. I use dark mode on most applications where available. I find the brightness level on dark modes, in general, to be easier on the eyes.
I’m not opposed at all to a dark style and I will see if we can do something about that.

Reactions: TNJAKE and DougE
Is there a setting that allows the signatures to seen all the time. Currently, they have to be toggled on, but when I change topics, they revert to off. I guess off is the default, but I'd like to be able to turn them on and they stay on regardless of logging in and out or changing topics.

I have signatures turned on in my preferences, maybe I'm missing something...
That is something I can change globally, but I’m not sure if that can be changed on a user basis… Let me check on that.

I tried the new formats. I like the feel. One possible issue to check is the search icon does not seem to work in the new format.
Good catch on that search icon.. I now have the mobile version working as it should but the desktop is a no-go. I have a help ticket in for that and we'll see if we can get some help making that work properly.

Not sure if this is just my tablet issue or not, but after looking at a topic with multiple pages and returning to same topic later it takes me back to page 1 again and not where left off. Also after viewing multiple pages and trying to go back with return button to latest topics page, it cycles back thru those pages again. What's new tab at top of page is how I got to topics page previously. ( sorry, this may sound confusing)

I just tested this and it seems to be working fine on my end. Do you have a way to try that on another device?

It also does it on phone. Maybe didn't explain myself but for instance the only way I can get back to main topics page from here is back button and it goes back thru the pages. No What's New topic in top banner anymore.🤷‍♂️

I am seeing a What's New topic at the top on both desktop and mobile.. here's a couple of screenshots:

Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 9.43.59 AM.png

And on mobile.. click on the 3 stacked lines at the top left..

IMG_2590.png

IMG_2591.jpeg

Let me know if you're not seeing this.

It looks like the changes for the new options corrected the problems I have from time to time when viewing the "Latest Posts" screen... which I access from either the "Home" button, or the "What's New" button.

Sometimes the individual posts would be exploded (for lack of a better description) and I would see one letter per line.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky