New Styles and Color Options (Layouts) for SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No more dead space. Width is better
Screenshot_20221012_165742.png

Mine changed to the brown style all on its own when I did a refresh to see if there were new posts. I had to change it back to classic style.

The guy we hired just got finished reworking the code.. lots of issues!

I knew it would default to the new brown style once we finished but now you should be able to use the classic SMF theme if you want to with no issues.

Of course, if you see anything weird let me know.

The guy we hired just got finished reworking the code.. lots of issues!

I knew it would default to the new brown style once we finished but now you should be able to use the classic SMF theme if you want to with no issues.

Of course, if you see anything weird let me know.
This is the best version I've seen since I've been here.......keep the new guy lol

Thanks Jeff. This is an improvement. Unless I am doing something wrong, I still have a big white space using SMF Classic and wide option. It is a narrower white space than before, but it is still there. And when the mangification is used on my keyboard, it just increases the size of the boxes...the ones on the right get larger and the type box gets narrower still.
I woudl prefer to magnify so that just the type box takes up my entire screes like I could before the changes were made. But I can live with the new style.....I cant run it at X130% like I use to, Have to use 110% so the type is a little smaller...

Mine switched over to the new theme by it self since the last time I logged on.

I will log off and see it it keeps changing by itself.
I put back to the one I like with the classic and spinner

David

OK Jeff, I’m using the brown theme now, and will just get used to it. It seems that every time I log off & come back it is on the brown theme, so I’ll just leave it there & just get used to it.
Al

OK Jeff, I’m using the brown theme now, and will just get used to it. It seems that every time I log off & come back it is on the brown theme, so I’ll just leave it there & just get used to it.
Al
Al, it remembers what theme you use via cookies. Do you have a plugin, add-on, etc. on your device that is deleting your cookies or not saving them?

Sometimes you can specify which sites you allow..

Al
Al , I was the same . I tried going back to the classic after it was fixed , but being in the default mode for a week I had to switch back to that . I'm used to it now . It's smooth . I have way less issues this way .

Al, it remembers what theme you use via cookies. Do you have a plugin, add-on, etc. on your device that is deleting your cookies or not saving them?

Sometimes you can specify which sites you allow..

Al , I was the same . I tried going back to the classic after it was fixed , but being in the default mode for a week I had to switch back to that . I'm used to it now . It's smooth . I have way less issues this way .

You guys are right, I’m getting used to this format & am happy that it works so well. If it makes your life easier Jeff, then I’m all in!
Al

Jeff, one more thing, there used to be a flag that told you if you already replied to a thread, it was red. Made it very easy to see if you had already been there & if you wanted to go back. I see there is a little bell that does that too. I know this seems trivial, but could you make it red too.
Al

Reactions: DougE
Jeff, one more thing, there used to be a flag that told you if you already replied to a thread, it was red. Made it very easy to see if you had already been there & if you wanted to go back. I see there is a little bell that does that too. I know this seems trivial, but could you make it red too.
Al
What Al said. The classic was nice in that it had a flag on threads you are following. I realize the bell thingy alerts you to new posts in threads you're following, but the visual flag on the thread was nice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky