• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New smoker

Joined Jul 19, 2021
Hi all,

Got my first smoker recently and starting browsing through the forums and found some really helpful info. I'm running an analog electric masterbuilt smoker that I drilled some extra air vents into that I'm using with an A MAZE N oval pellet tube. Smoked some chicken and pulled pork with it already, both of which turned out pretty good, and just finished up a brisket last night. Had to separate out the point because the whole brisket wouldn't fit, and only smoked up the flat this time. Turned out a bit drier than I would have liked, so I may try reheating it a bit hotter later.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
welcome to smf allsmoke, great place here sounds like your off to a running start.

madmax281

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 15, 2017
Welcome to SMF from Houston. You've come to the right place. 👍

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
Welcome from Oklahoma. Lots of great people and info on this site.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join us!
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hi all,

Got my first smoker recently and starting browsing through the forums and found some really helpful info. I'm running an analog electric masterbuilt smoker that I drilled some extra air vents into that I'm using with an A MAZE N oval pellet tube. Smoked some chicken and pulled pork with it already, both of which turned out pretty good, and just finished up a brisket last night. Had to separate out the point because the whole brisket wouldn't fit, and only smoked up the flat this time. Turned out a bit drier than I would have liked, so I may try reheating it a bit hotter later.

The Flat is hard to hold moisture---You're right---Hotter & faster should help!

And Welcome to SMF !

Bear

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.