New smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AllSmokeNoJoke

Original poster
Jul 19, 2021
Hi all,

Got my first smoker recently and starting browsing through the forums and found some really helpful info. I'm running an analog electric masterbuilt smoker that I drilled some extra air vents into that I'm using with an A MAZE N oval pellet tube. Smoked some chicken and pulled pork with it already, both of which turned out pretty good, and just finished up a brisket last night. Had to separate out the point because the whole brisket wouldn't fit, and only smoked up the flat this time. Turned out a bit drier than I would have liked, so I may try reheating it a bit hotter later.

Hi all,

Got my first smoker recently and starting browsing through the forums and found some really helpful info. I'm running an analog electric masterbuilt smoker that I drilled some extra air vents into that I'm using with an A MAZE N oval pellet tube. Smoked some chicken and pulled pork with it already, both of which turned out pretty good, and just finished up a brisket last night. Had to separate out the point because the whole brisket wouldn't fit, and only smoked up the flat this time. Turned out a bit drier than I would have liked, so I may try reheating it a bit hotter later.

The Flat is hard to hold moisture---You're right---Hotter & faster should help!

And Welcome to SMF !

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky