New MES40 and first smoke ever w/Q-view...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jp61

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 6, 2011
NE Ohio
I have these pics over in "roll call" also since I just joined SMF. Thought I would post some Q-view pics in this forum also since the spare ribs turned out awesome. Used the 3-2-1 w/apple smoke. Love the MES40...! Thanks for looking...

In the smoke house they went...

6f9785e5_IMAG0057.jpg

Ready for the foil and apple juice...

2cd47f37_IMAG0058.jpg

All done...

e06af81f_IMAG0065.jpg

Time to eat...

cc6ca364_IMAG0066.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome! Nice q are those sweet or spicy bones? Would love some rub details! Have fun with that mes

Looks awesome! Nice q are those sweet or spicy bones? Would love some rub details! Have fun with that mes

I was really anxious to use my new smoker so there wasn't  a whole lot of planning involved. Wasn't sure what kind of rub to use, so when I was walking through BJ's I just grabbed a container of Emeril's Original Essence and some brown sugar for the rub with yellow mustard. During the last hour in the smoker I basted them twice with Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce.

Your first smoke looks Great!

Nice pull back on the ribs,

Congrats on your new smoker, and first smoke
thumbsup.gif

Keep up the good work , and thanks for the Q-view
101.gif

Nice looking first batch of ribs and welcome to the SMF. Nice sides as well, rings, fries, slaw and beans.....hit all the bases
Thanks Chef Willie! (and everyone else that posted). I was very happy with the quality of the finished ribs. I gave myself a B+
banana_smiley.gif
Good thing I didn't have to tie my shoes after I got done eating.... that was a big dinner.

In case someone is wondering about the color of the liquid in the water pan..... I used apple juice, but, I had some rub left over and since I was putting my hands in the rub, I didn't want to save it. Rather than tossing it I put it in with the juice. If, I'm not able to steelhead fish this coming Sunday, I'll be babysitting the MES again. I'm thinking 3 more racks and 2 butts. Meanwhile I'll be brainstorming ideas for my first fattie and soaking in some of the wealth of knowledge on SMF.

Thanks Chef Willie! (and everyone else that posted). I was very happy with the quality of the finished ribs. I gave myself a B+
banana_smiley.gif
Good thing I didn't have to tie my shoes after I got done eating.... that was a big dinner.

In case someone is wondering about the color of the liquid in the water pan..... I used apple juice, but, I had some rub left over and since I was putting my hands in the rub, I didn't want to save it. Rather than tossing it I put it in with the juice. If, I'm not able to steelhead fish this coming Sunday, I'll be babysitting the MES again. I'm thinking 3 more racks and 2 butts. Meanwhile I'll be brainstorming ideas for my first fattie and soaking in some of the wealth of knowledge on SMF.
Boy, it didn't take long for you to get sucked in!

You're totally hooked !!!!

Now repeat after me-----"Hi, my name is Joe, and I am a Smokaholic."

BTW: That is a beautiful plate of food you got there!

Bear

First of all Welcome to SMF - guess you dont need any help since you are putting out great food right out of the gate. Glad to have you here - nice work !!

Boy, it didn't take long for you to get sucked in!

You're totally hooked !!!!

Now repeat after me-----"Hi, my name is Joe, and I am a Smokaholic."

BTW: That is a beautiful plate of food you got there!

Bear

lmao... Bear, I think you might be right. Thanks for the compliment.

First of all Welcome to SMF - guess you dont need any help since you are putting out great food right out of the gate. Glad to have you here - nice work !!
Thanks Scarbelly! But I did need help and got it right here on SMF... you guys made me look good, thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky