• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noshuz

Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
Greetings from Northern California my fellow carnivores! I must say I'm was little overwhelmed at first by everything there is to know about this smoking thing but have done a lot of homework and have learned a lot already. Heck I don't even have my smoker yet! I'm going to get OJ Highland next week. I'll save all the details and questions about that for the general discussion area. One thing that struck me about the wonderful world of smoking is that this isn't just a hobby, it's a sport! I just can't wait for football season to start so I can do two sports at once! ;-)

Hello and welcome to you.

I will say congratulations early on the shiny

new smoker.

It can get confusing and intimidating, don't let

it get to you.

There is one rule that must always be always 

be followed, and that is,HAVE FUN.

Also pictures are good things.

Ed

Last edited:
Welcome noshuz! You found a good place to get started. I can't wait for football season as well! I use these hot summer months to polish off a few new recipes just in time for the Sunday Funday parties. The wife and I are heading to your area as well as southern Oregon in a few weeks for a wedding. Any good BBQ spots out that way we should know about?

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Hey Gary S!

I 'bout it lost it when I saw this post! I have a long, looooong time Gary S friend from Texas! He's from Ingleside, next to Corpus Christi.  He doesn't play with computers too much and I can't even get him started on email. Really smart guy but rebellious to any type of social media of any kind. Phone call or plane ticket is the only way to communicate!

ANYWAY!.... YES! I totally can see this is a great way to learn this fabulous craft! I'll be back with stories to tell and lessons to learn!

Thanks!

Ron

BTW....He's gonna crack up when I tell him about this! ;-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky