New Member yahoo!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dlmad

Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Hi! I'm DLMAD from western wash. I've been smokin fish and turkeys for about 25 yrs. but on a very limited basis. My lovley wife just bought me smokey mountain gas unit for xmas and I love it .so far I have done nearly 30 salmon and steelhead with good to great results.also have done game hens, guail,chicken and my first try at a tri tip. All with good results. I want to learn about rubs and sauces and brines from around the country and to just get better at smokin. I am enrolled in your course on line and am likin it. more later!!!

DLMAD,
Glad to have you aboard!! Like you, I was exposed to BBQ'n a long time ago. But, in my case, I was a youngster helping my Dad do church BBQs, fundraisers, political speaches etc. around Eastern N.C. So my exposure was more "task" oriented than learning how to acutally do the cooking (read that as cut the wood, shovel the coals, replinish the cooler etc.) I can say, however, that I do remember a lot and I have absolutely enjoyed learning more and "connecting the dots" from times past on this forum. So far as I'm concerned, it's the best on the web and I'm sure that it's even better now that you are here. Let us hear from you often and don't forget the pictures.

Welcome aboard, Dlmad! Nice to have you with us. Sometimes there's nothing better than smoked fish!

Now that your (and I might say, WONDERFUL!) Wife has gotten you a decent unit, maybe we can get you started on other stuff!

Jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky