New Maverick ET-736 (wifi) does NOT work with iDevices!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dannos

Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Just got my new ET-736 and read the docs while charging the unit.  Imagine my dismay when the only app that can be downloaded for the unit is for ANDROID!  The Maverick website and documentation online both say "works with iDevices and Android".  Either they have an app in the works that is not yet approved for Apple/i-devices or they are full of beans.  I have an email in to their support people and will post the reply.  If anyone knows a workaround, please let me know. Thanks!

* Follow up:  App for iPhone/iPad coming in December.  I'll post here when it comes out.

Last edited:
Wow!  I googled Maverick ET-736 and saw this thread so that's a plus.  This is an ichef  ET-736, with an ichef icon for the app and not compatible with ios.  I wonder what Maverick thinks the i means?  I found no videos or links stating it is compatible with ios.  On Amazon it said minimum device requirement is Android 4.0.3.  Well hell I just saw on the Mav site that the iphone app will be available Dec. 2016. 

-Kurt

I bought the ET-736 last year and the apple app store had an app for the ET-736. Now I see it doesn't. This thermometer is no good to me if it doesn't work with iOS. Does anyone have an update from the posts in this thread?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky