New here from WV

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnbbbq

Original poster
Apr 19, 2018
New guy here from West Virginia. Always had a passion for grilling and bbq'ing. I love entertaining people around the grill, smoker, firepit, or wherever the atmosphere takes us.

I started out with my dads hand me down weber propane grill and a smoker box. I still have this grill, but it mainly gets used for burgers, steaks or corn on the cob. About 8 years ago I switched to a char griller offset smoker and it was on this cheapo that I truly fell in love with smoking meats and learned new tricks and techniques. This smoker now resides down at our families river lot and is now the communal grill and smoker for there. I have since upgraded to a Brinkman Vertical Trailmaster. While it is a step up from the char griller in my opinion. It still has it's flaws, but so far I have been really enjoying it and the results. For now, this smoker will do just fine.

I have always wanted to enter a backyard competition, and will be submitting my application for the Almost Heaven BBQ Bash in WV coming up in June. This will be my first contest and I am excited to go down, experience it, and to just have fun while giving it my best. Being from WV, loving WVU, and having my high school colors be blue and gold, I decided to name my competition team Gold-N-Blue Barbecue.

Looking forward to learning and interacting with everyone here!

Reactions: kruizer
More of a neighbor than I thought.I am 5 Mi WNW of Clear Brook,right at the southern end of North Mountain,can be in Martinsburg in 20-25 mins.:cool:

More of a neighbor than I thought.I am 5 Mi WNW of Clear Brook,right at the southern end of North Mountain,can be in Martinsburg in 20-25 mins.:cool:

Gotcha. I know the area. Grew up at the base of good ole' North Mountain in Hedgesville growing up..

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Today, I officially registered for my first competition and I am excited to experience it. Lots of work and practicing to do between now and June 15th! Oh well,.. neighbors will be eating good the next couple weeks! haha

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky