New guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaredk

Original poster
Jul 8, 2023
Hey everyone. New guy here so I’ll introduce myself.

My name is Jared. I was born in New Mexico, grew up in South Central Texas, joined the Air Force, 5 years in the Florida Panhandle, 16 in middle Georgia. I’m hanging it up and about to start the next chapter in life.

I cook ALOT and look forward to posting pics and recipes. I started off with old school, offset stick burners, went through a few Akorns, and now I’m a huge Kamado Joe fan.

My name is Jared. I was born in New Mexico, grew up in South Central Texas, joined the Air Force, 5 years in the Florida Panhandle, 16 in middle Georgia. I’m hanging it up and about to start the next chapter in life.

I cook ALOT and look forward to posting pics and recipes. I started off with old school, offset stick burners, went through a few Akorns, and now I’m a huge Kamado Joe fan.

Welcome from Michigan (Baltimore now unfortunately). So 21 years in huh? You were able to stay in Georgia for 16 years in or did you get out after you were in Florida? 16 years in one location in the service is pretty impressive.

Yessir, 21 years. I’m in a very small career field so options were limited! It will pretty much be non existent after my aircraft goes to the boneyard at the end of this year

Thank you for your service to start off. My son is thinking Air Force after high school. But that’s a couple years off… so who knows🤷‍♂️.
Welcome to the forums. Look forward to your pics and post. We lik3 show and tell around here.

Jim

Welcome from Colorado. Folks here will tell you that you don’t need to switch from offsets, to Acorns, to Kamado Joes. Keep them all!

welcome from PA

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky