Howdy from Louisville

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cashnow

Original poster
Oct 28, 2023
Louisville, Kentucky
Howdy, new guy from Louisville KY here. Originally from Phoenix AZ, I am a Christian and a welder / fabricator. My company builds life support equipment for Navy submarines.
I had a cheap Pit Boss pellet grill / smoker that I burned up a month ago, so I started searching forums for inspiration to build my own. I ended up building an 30” tall cabinet that’s 18” deep and 24” wide. It’s all 3/16” steel, laser cut by at work and welded by yours truly. It’s propane powered, and I’m working with a couple programmers at work to build a system that can monitor the flame and either relight it or shut the gas off. I took most of my inspiration from solman solman on this thread and glenwillits glenwillits on this thread. Currently I have the cabinet finished with a couple of racks, and running with an Amazon burner and regulator. Smoke generation comes from a stainless rack I made that sits over the burner. I did successfully smoke a turkey on it, but I need to find a better solution that offers more control over the smoke. I have a needle valve, 12v solenoid valve, and an Auber Instruments SYL-3615. So next I’ll be working on that system and a safety shut off system. Thanks for lookin
IMG_2263.jpeg
IMG_2306.jpeg
IMG_2308.jpeg

Welcome to SMF! Very cool project smoker and great build/craftmanship. Please post details on your auto control system on the propane, I would love to see it as would many members I;m sure!

Reactions: cashnow
Welcome cashnow, glad you joined us. Fine looking smoker you are building there.

Welcome from Iowa! Looking forward to what you come up with... nice build so far!

Ryan

Welcome from Washington state! I've been to Louisville twice, and it is one of my favorite cities in the U.S. Helps that I love bourbon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky