New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nate52

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2021
Queensbury, NY
Hello, from upstate NY.

One of my favorite hobbies is cooking meat. I love to try new things and learn new techniques. Good barbeque is one of my favorite foods, but I haven't really taken the time to really get into it, yet.

I'm not 100% new to it, but most of my experience is limited to the basics, like ribs and butts in a cheap bullet style smoker. My crowning achievement, so far, was an apple turkey breast on Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was definitely a big hit.

I joined this site to get tips on building a smoker, but I can already see that I'll be sticking around to fine tune my skills and share anything I can.

Welcome from Winnipeg Canada. There is huge amount of experience here to call on . Members coast to coast and beyond. You came to the best place to learn and share.

Welcome aboard Nate from another South Carolinian. The folks here can answer all your questions and definitely point you in the right direction.

Hello, from upstate NY.

One of my favorite hobbies is cooking meat. I love to try new things and learn new techniques. Good barbeque is one of my favorite foods, but I haven't really taken the time to really get into it, yet.

I'm not 100% new to it, but most of my experience is limited to the basics, like ribs and butts in a cheap bullet style smoker. My crowning achievement, so far, was an apple turkey breast on Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was definitely a big hit.

I joined this site to get tips on building a smoker, but I can already see that I'll be sticking around to fine tune my skills and share anything I can.
Welcome from Minnesota. Might I ask where in upstate you are at? Wife has some family out that way. Also around here usually "new guy" means buddy we don't know to well!

Welcome from Minnesota. Might I ask where in upstate you are at? Wife has some family out that way. Also around here usually "new guy" means buddy we don't know to well!
I'm in the Lake George area. So thats the east side of the state, near the Vermont border.

Well Dang Nate, Welcome from the BBQ capital of the world - VT. Glad to have join the fun.

Chris

Gotcha! Still trying to,understand what "upstate" includes. So far it's everything except the islands. 😂😂😂. Again Minnesota boy born and bred.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky