• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Guy

Nate52

Joined Jun 22, 2021
Hello, from upstate NY.

One of my favorite hobbies is cooking meat. I love to try new things and learn new techniques. Good barbeque is one of my favorite foods, but I haven't really taken the time to really get into it, yet.

I'm not 100% new to it, but most of my experience is limited to the basics, like ribs and butts in a cheap bullet style smoker. My crowning achievement, so far, was an apple turkey breast on Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was definitely a big hit.

I joined this site to get tips on building a smoker, but I can already see that I'll be sticking around to fine tune my skills and share anything I can.

checkdude

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2016
Welcome from Winnipeg Canada. There is huge amount of experience here to call on . Members coast to coast and beyond. You came to the best place to learn and share.

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Welcome to SMF from SE Ga Nate.
Lots of great folks and info on here !

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Welcome from Ga. You'll find this is the best place to be.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Welcome Nate, from Colorado.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Welcome from ND.

Colin1230

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Welcome Nate. I think you are going to like it around here.

GonnaSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Welcome aboard Nate from another South Carolinian. The folks here can answer all your questions and definitely point you in the right direction.

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
Hello, from upstate NY.

One of my favorite hobbies is cooking meat. I love to try new things and learn new techniques. Good barbeque is one of my favorite foods, but I haven't really taken the time to really get into it, yet.

I'm not 100% new to it, but most of my experience is limited to the basics, like ribs and butts in a cheap bullet style smoker. My crowning achievement, so far, was an apple turkey breast on Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was definitely a big hit.

I joined this site to get tips on building a smoker, but I can already see that I'll be sticking around to fine tune my skills and share anything I can.
Welcome from Minnesota. Might I ask where in upstate you are at? Wife has some family out that way. Also around here usually "new guy" means buddy we don't know to well!

madmax281

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 15, 2017
Welcome to SMF from Houston. You've come to the right place. 👍

Nate52

Joined Jun 22, 2021
Welcome from Minnesota. Might I ask where in upstate you are at? Wife has some family out that way. Also around here usually "new guy" means buddy we don't know to well!
I'm in the Lake George area. So thats the east side of the state, near the Vermont border.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Well Dang Nate, Welcome from the BBQ capital of the world - VT. Glad to have join the fun.

Chris

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
Gotcha! Still trying to,understand what "upstate" includes. So far it's everything except the islands. 😂😂😂. Again Minnesota boy born and bred.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.