New guy here saying hello!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbloomingdale

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Sparta, WI
Hello guys. I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Todd, and I'm from Sparta, WI. I just purchased my 1st smoker today. I purchased a Smokey Mountain Gas Smoker. My brother in law has one of these and loves it, and I have been kicking around buying one ever since. I finually kicked myself in the rear and just purchased one.

Today is my 1st smoking day. I went to the meat locker store and purchased 2 whole chickens and 1 half pre-cooked ham. So far so Good. I just checked on them and they look GREAT! I just had to change out some cherry wood in my smoking pot. Other then that its been easy cheasy!

I found this site on the internet searching for various smoking sites and this looks really usefull. I hope to get alot of info and ideas from you fellow veterans.

thanks alot and see you again.
Todd

Hi Todd, welcome to the group. We are in the same neck of the woods, I live above Minneapolis and come to FT. McCoy sometimes to shop at the commisary. The group has a vast knowledge base, so if you have questions fire away.

Todd, welcome to Smoking Meat Forum. There is a lot of good info here and a lot of good help is yours just for the asking.

Welcome Todd. You couldn't have stumbled upon a better group of people to share your love of smoking with. I've only been on this forum a short time but have already learned so much. It's also a great way to brag about all those successful smokes you'll be having. Welcome agian and can't wait to hear from you in other posts.

Thanks for the excellent greetings everyone. I will be checking out all the forums the get as most info I can.

I tried my 1st cook yesterday doing 1 whole chicken and a half ham. It started out kinda rocky, but it all ended BEUTIFUL :D I guess experiminting and trial and error is a good learning tool.

Hey Todd,
I'd just like to add my welcome to you. This is the best smoking forum I've ever been associated with and I'm sure you will enjoy it as well. Please let us hear from you often and remember, we all love pictures. By the way, sounds like you've already gotten off to a pretty good start with the chicken and ham. One more thought .... depending on how you feel about your experience level, you might want to check into Jeff's smoking 101 course. I went through it and think it's great ... gave me a really good foundation from which to build information.

Hey, Todd!
Welcome to the best site for "growing up" in smoking! The family is here to help, guide and encourage you!
Cheers!
Monty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky