New guy from Ohio.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yendik1

Original poster
Dec 9, 2013
r
Hello everyone. I just joined your great group. I am a total rookie trying to decide what kind of smoker to get my dad for Christmas. We have done deep-fried turkeys and stuff like that, but now dad wants a smoker and I don't want to get him the wrong or junky kind so figured I would ask for help. I do know that once he does have one I want to try doing some beef jerky. He works as a meat cutter so getting the right pieces of meat should be easy. If you would like to know anymore about me or have helpful hints please don't hesitate to share your wisdom since right now I know absolutely nothing.

Welcome to the group, i am from Strongsville Ohio. You have found the right place to learn and ask questions. I have a 22" WSM smoker and couldnt be happier. It is very easy to use and has produced competion level bbq( many comp winners have used WSM) If you are looking for jerky making i havnt tried that yet. I have bought a conversion kit for cold smoking for 40 bucks, people say it works well. One thing I would say is maybe shoot for a decent size smoker and one that is easy to use, you will be surprised how much you will use it and how meat you have for one cook, happy smoking!

Thanks IntegrityBBQ. Can you tell me if the one you have would be big enough to do a whole turkey in and maybe where you got it? I need to check the acronyms page to see what WSM means. And thanks again for the greeting.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky