New guy from Nebraska

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MelonSC

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
Omaha, Nebr
Hi everybody! (Hi Dr Nick!... hopefully someone gets that reference otherwise I look like an idiot haha)

I've been into smoking for about 8 months, been lurking here for 4 or 5 and finally decided to register and post. Been a charcoal griller for quite some time and currently have 2 pellet smokers.

Looking forward to interacting here and reading tips, tricks, and maybe recipes to try out :)

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome to the board! Yep There are a few recipes kicking around here.

I'm burning wood and charcoal in a Weber 22 and an offset.

Welcome from Ohio. You found the best home on the net for smoking, grilling and so much more.

Good morning y’all. First time doing doing something like this. I’ve been smoking all sorts of stuff for about 5 years. I’ve done too many to count of briskets and pork butts. For thanksgiving I did a suckling pig. I have did a SC style whole hog where I butterflied it before. It didn’t turn out amazing but some how I got my hands on a legit smoker and I’m doing another whole hog along with some brisket. I have pretty much decided how I’m going to cook it. I just wanted to show my experience level for criticism .

Anyways about me. I’m a Drill Sergeant at Fort Leonard Wood. I’ve been in the army for a while. I’m originally from Kansas City. I actually like Texas style better other than KC’s burnt ends. Those are the very best. The whole reason I’m going out of my comfort zone is because I know there are a lot of people that can smoke better than me and have recipes I’ve never tried before. I want to make bbq and beer my profession after I’m done in the military. So where better to ask for advice other than y’all.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Good morning y’all. First time doing doing something like this. I’ve been smoking all sorts of stuff for about 5 years. I’ve done too many to count of briskets and pork butts. For thanksgiving I did a suckling pig. I have did a SC style whole hog where I butterflied it before. It didn’t turn out amazing but some how I got my hands on a legit smoker and I’m doing another whole hog along with some brisket. I have pretty much decided how I’m going to cook it. I just wanted to show my experience level for criticism .

Anyways about me. I’m a Drill Sergeant at Fort Leonard Wood. I’ve been in the army for a while. I’m originally from Kansas City. I actually like Texas style better other than KC’s burnt ends. Those are the very best. The whole reason I’m going out of my comfort zone is because I know there are a lot of people that can smoke better than me and have recipes I’ve never tried before. I want to make bbq and beer my profession after I’m done in the military. So where better to ask for advice other than y’all.
Hi Sarge, take some pics and share your techniques and results and I'm sure someone with experience will chime in with suggestions. What smoker did you get?

A Big Howdy and Welcome from Beautiful East Texas

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky