New from WI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

widave

Original poster
Dec 31, 2016
Hey all, I'm Dave from Milwaukee WI, just got my first smoker and can't wait to read and get ideas on what to do first. Picked up a masterbuilt electric 30. Hoping to get hooked and build my next one.

Hey Dave!

Welcome aboard!

Lots of guys on here with your smoker to help you get it up & running.

Chicken is always a good choice to start with.

Leg quarters are about as easy as it gets.

Al

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people          with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Thanks for the welcome. I ended up doing pork chops (saw some ideas on here) and bacon wrapped venison Italian brats the first weekend, since thats what i had in freezer lol. They both turned out really good. Gonna try ribs and whatever else the wife picks up this weekend.

Welcome from the East of ya.  You can learn a ton here as I have.  Hang on to your pocketbook, there's a lot of stuff out there to help you on your quest to perfect your skills. ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky