New from wales UK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bravemurphy

Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
UK
Hi I am from wales and have had  a weber for the past 3 years and love it.

I have been hovering around the forum for a while now and have picked up loads of tips and tricks.

We do full chickens and stuff on the weber  but I seem to want to experiment more with smoke.

We also make our own bacon and are looking for a good priced quality meat source here in the UK.

Also I am thinking about an electric smoker but it seems to be very limited here in the UK, has anyone got any recommendations please?

Hi Bravemurphy. Welcome to the forum.

There are a growing number of us from the UK here and we had our second annual BBQ weekend at Woodhall Spa near Lincoln last weekend.

We have a good mix of smokers between us and you should feel right at home with your Weber Kettles. You will hopefully find the level of mutual support on here that you are looking for. We have a good deal of expertise over here on all aspects of hot/cold smoking and curing as well as the vast knowledge that our US colleagues also contribute.

If you get the chance maybe you could head over to the UK group and say hi in the Roll Call there. Everything posted there is visible in the main site forum however you may get faster responses there to UK specific posts.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/229926/roll-call

icon14.gif

Wade

Hi bravemurphy, welcome to our "Family " and "Addiction"

Wade will, have you covered on the Webers.

Electric smokers, a couple of the guys on here have Bradley Smokers.

Smokin Monkey [emoji]133660013031[/emoji]

Hiya Bravemurphy,  Welcome to the forum.  

Wade will have you covered with the Webers, and I think a couple of the members have fancy electronic pellet smokers, so you are in good company.

There are some fantastic people on here with some great experience.  I am also from the UK and am one of the Group Leads for the UK Smokers along with Smokin Monkey, Wade and KC5TPY (Danny to us). who have already introduced themselves

As smoking has gained popularity in the UK we have been given our own group, "UK Smokers". We still come under the watchful eye of the main forum and have plenty of support from our american cousins, but somethings are different in the UK and that's where the UK forum comes into it's own.  The UK Smokers is rapidly growing with members from up and down the country with a wealth of experience in all areas.

We have an annual Smoking Weekend which is held in the summer ( sorry you have just missed it this year) and we are currently trying to arrange a date for next year.  It is held on a camp site near Lincoln so it is easy for everyone from the north & south to attend. Most of the active members attend, and cook a dish, have a chat, exchange ideas, pick up tips from other members, grab a few beers and have a great weekend.  You are more than welcome to join us next year. 

We have members from both sides of the pond so it you post a question in the UK Forum, there is a good chance it will get answered from both the UK and the US.

If you click on the following link http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/groups/show/38/uk-smokers  this will take you to the UK section of the forum where you will find a group of like minded individuals in the UK who are into smoking.  

If you click on this link it will take you to the roll call where you can introduce yourself:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/229926/roll-call

I look forward to seeing you there, and feel free to post on the UK forum.

Smokewood

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot, day in East Texas and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky