New from Great Bend Kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cdub198321

Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Great Bend, Ks
Hi all.  I really have enjoyed looking around this site.  Everyone seems really nice and helpful.  I have me a regular charcoal grill that I use as a smoker.  I am wanting to get me a wood pellet grill.  I have been smoking for around 2 years now and seem to be learning new techniques all the time.  I am looking foward to talking to many of you on ideas.

Hello, and welcome to the SMF. Glad to know you're using whatever means to get youir smoke done. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to SMF. If you havent signed up for the 5 day ecourse I would recommend it. Lots of great information.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

I try different commercial ones but mainly use my own blend.

Cdub I use Jeff's Rub a lot. But I also make a variation of his. I really like the smoky flavor of Chipotle powder and cumin which I sometimes add to his recipe.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people, all willing to help out and share ideas.

I see you are from Great Bend, I'm from Pratt.

Last edited:
That is cool.  I usually try to make my own for Pulled Pork.  I need to measure it out so I know the exact measurements but I just eyeball it.  I will have to put pictures on here when i do a pulled pork again.  I will try to put pictures up next weekend.  I think I will be doing a full brisket.

Welcome Cdub198321 to SMF. You will truly love this site. The people here are always willing to help in any way they can. Just ask. Enjoy, and Happy Smoking.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Cdud to SMF. you'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction      

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky