New from Algeria

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tebib amine

Original poster
Oct 29, 2022
Welcome First I want to welcome everyone...
I'm new to this forum with you My name is Amine from Algeria I wanted to ask some questions and inquiries about smoking meat I wanted to introduce this method of preparing meat to my area by establishing a restaurant specialized in serving this type of meat....
First, is there any content or courses that I can take to become a professional in this field, because during my research in the various references I mixed up the concepts
Second: With regard to firewood, we have oak and olive firewood only Is it possible to get results with this type As for furnaces, there are only horizontal furnaces As for the meat, I want to use it Chicken, lamb, cow and camel I hope the experts can advise me more Please accept my utmost respect and appreciation

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1666536325965.jpg
    FB_IMG_1666536325965.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 24
Welcome! I worked in Algeria in ~1997-1998. Deep in the Sahara in the oil field!

The smoker you pictured is a vertical style. What do mean, horizontal? There is lots to learn, but with some basic tips and equipment you will be on your way. Probably #1 rule to great BBQ is “low and slow”!

Rick

Reactions: Tebib amine
Welcome! Your best place to start is Jeff’s videos under the menu bar. Oak will be fine for whatever you’re BBQing!

Welcome to the forum from Minnesota! Great to have you here! The advice about viewing this sites owners videos on smoking ( Jeff) is a very good idea!!

Welcome! I worked in Algeria in ~1997-1998. Deep in the Sahara in the oil field!

The smoker you pictured is a vertical style. What do mean, horizontal? There is lots to learn, but with some basic tips and equipment you will be on your way. Probably #1 rule to great BBQ is “low and slow”!

Rick
Yes, I meant a vertical oven, not a horizontal oven I didn't notice that, thanks for the correction Welcome back to Algeria I live in the south of Tamanrasset

Welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat:

Lots of good advice on this site. I know a guy who smokes only with oak so it works out well.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky