New cheese-head here.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

powerranger262

Original poster
Sep 19, 2016
Hello all. My name is Nate, and I'm pretty new to the wonderful world of smoking.
I have quite a few buddies who do an amazing job at smoking meats, and I have always just kind of been part of the finished product, or I guess you could call it, "shoving my face full of their delicious briskets, shoulders, etc."
I want to be the guy cooking a great meal for everyone else for a change. I bartered a little concrete work with one friend, in agreement that he has to take me under his smoking wing, and tell me his secrets/tricks to get me rolling along.
I just picked up a chargriller with a side chamber. It has some really nice mods done to it, including the coal tray raised up to allow for more airflow, a really nice baffle plate in the grill itself, dryer duct to lower the stack, and two new thermometers in the hood, that are dead on. Well seasoned, and ready to go.
So, I joined up here to soak up all the info that I can from you guys/gals. I'm off to explore the site!

Hello Nate and  
welcome1.gif
  to you.

Glad you're here on this great site.

It seems kind of scary and real complicated at first,

but it's not.

Have fun and remember pictures of your smokes are good things.

Ed

Hi Nate!

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Looking forward to seeing your new smoker in  action!

Al

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a warm and humid day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

I'm live in Hartford, but hunt in Iola, and boat/fish on Lake Nokomis, outside of Tomahawk.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky