Need suggestions for commercial pork rubs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC Buck

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
MO
Just used the last of my Bone sucking sauce, yard bird and Oakrige rubs. I love trying the different rubs that win grand champion. What do you guys like?

Just used the last of my Bone sucking sauce, yard bird and Oakrige rubs. I love trying the different rubs that win grand champion. What do you guys like?
Meat Church rubs

Don't know if it ever WON anything, but I have used "Bad Byron's Butt Rub" before with good results. I usually use SPOG anymore.
Don

If your intent is to produce your own commercial rubs, then this statement would apply:
First, contact your friendly local Federal Meat Inspection Office for any and all advice on regulations concerning your commercial endeavor. This website does not portend to be any authority whatsoever on State/Federal regulations; it is strictly a site for smoking enthusiasts and amateur endeavors sharing ideas, tips, recipes and 'how-to's of smoking meats for personal enjoyment.
Second, find out, through them, what requirements are for commercial equipment, specifications, operation, procedures, etc.
Third, what regulations are necessary for the meats chosen to cook outdoors or in an inspected kitchen or facility - do they have to have a Federal Grading Stamp on them like USDA Select, Choice, Prime, or is No Roll acceptable? These are all rules and regulations that must be met and adhered to.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to read and learn about your quest and accomplishments! The above has to be stated to avoid our website in being complicit with advice on commercial operation endeavors.

Reactions: drdon

If your intent is to produce your own commercial rubs, then this statement would apply:
First, contact your friendly local Federal Meat Inspection Office for any and all advice on regulations concerning your commercial endeavor. This website does not portend to be any authority whatsoever on State/Federal regulations; it is strictly a site for smoking enthusiasts and amateur endeavors sharing ideas, tips, recipes and 'how-to's of smoking meats for personal enjoyment.
Second, find out, through them, what requirements are for commercial equipment, specifications, operation, procedures, etc.
Third, what regulations are necessary for the meats chosen to cook outdoors or in an inspected kitchen or facility - do they have to have a Federal Grading Stamp on them like USDA Select, Choice, Prime, or is No Roll acceptable? These are all rules and regulations that must be met and adhered to.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to read and learn about your quest and accomplishments! The above has to be stated to avoid our website in being complicit with advice on commercial operation endeavors.

No- just like trying what SMF members find there favorite store bought rubs.

Honey Hog & The Gospel from Meat Church. They're both very good on Pork. I bet you'll find dozens of great commercial rubs out there. Meat Church is just one that I've tried and like better than others (so far...)

Whoa! this just got deep!

Simply Marvelous Cherry and Spicy Apple. Adkins Texas Style is great and seems to be a less costly alternative to OR Secret Weapon. Get it from Texasfoodsdirect.com if not in stores near you.

It's good to read the responses. I'm kind of bored with my homemade rub. I received a rub called Cahoots from one of my daughters. My wife and I both liked it a lot but it can only be ordered online and the shipping is as much as the rub. I hear the SMF rub is REALLY good.

I'm going to be buying some commercial rub soon. I'll have to see what Winco Foods carries. They have a bunch from different suppliers.

Smokin guns sweet heat is probably my go to for pork. They also have a hot version which I don't get to use very much, too hot for the family.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky