Need opinions on buying a used commercial freezer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hezan

Original poster
Jan 21, 2020
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am here to know your opinions about buying a used commercial freezer.

I have been doing meat selling business for about 1 and a half years. Coming to the point, one of the freezers which I am using for keeping meat is not working properly. It stops cooling. I was not knowing this. When I felt foul smell coming from, I checked and found that the cooling of the freezer was stopped.

I am planning to buy a new freezer. But I have not enough money to buy a new one. A friend told me that if I cannot afford to buy a new freezer, why not buy a second-hand freezer. I was also thinking about it. I searched for freezers on the internet and found a used commercial freezer. But I couldn't find reviews about it? Had anyone bought this freezer before? What are your opinions about buying a used commercial freezer? Please share your honest opinions. So that I can buy it without any hesitation.

Thanks!

Doesn't hurt to get a quote, ask about a warranty. Nothing wrong with refurbished appliances, I've personally bought refurbished fridges with no issues. Looks like the client list is pretty strong.

I have worked with True equipment in a couple of restaurants. Solidly built and worked consistently. If the price is right, I'd go for it. One operation I started had all Refinished equipment from Lancaster Used Restaurant Equipment...Lancaster, PA, USA...JJ

There is a restaurant equipment auction site that has loads of all sorts of equipment. They have auctions all around, I’m not sure where you are located.

The website is www.pciauctions.com

Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky