NASCAR

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
th_Slab_of_meat.gif

grilling_smilie.gif

cheers.gif

sausage.gif

NASCAR      smoking food and drinking beer.         Life is good

NASCAR - isnt that the guys that have not figured out how to make right turns  ?

[quote name="Scarbelly" url="/forum/thread/103901/nascar#post_599979"]
NASCAR - isnt that the guys that have not figured out how to make right turns  ?
[/quote]

Hey! They do two road courses a year!! :biggrin:

I like to think myself a country boy but I just can't find the entertainment value of watching cars go in circles.....just sayin

icon_cool.gif

N    Non

A     Athletic

S     Sport

C    Circled

A     Around

R    Rednecks

Now this is one that I have heard. I used to watch it but I still like the drinking beer and smoking meat part thou.

I have been to a bunch of races, it's not cheap to get in and spend the day there, you see allot more than just rednecks at a Nascar race

I could never understand watching guys playing with a ball but that's just me, I have never watched sports, not even superbowl

Last edited:
If you think they are not athletes do this little test to help your perspective. Get in your car when it's over 80 outside. Close your windows. Crank up the heat and drive for 3 hours. Let me know how you feel if you make it.

Ale, ya forgot one thing. Drive 190-200mph bumper to bumper for 3 hours and rest only if your car is totaled, LOL.

If you think they are not athletes do this little test to help your perspective. Get in your car when it's over 80 outside. Close your windows. Crank up the heat and drive for 3 hours. Let me know how you feel if you make it.
I like NASCAR, but that don't make me feel like an athlete any more than screaming advice from the sidelines

And I don't see that as an issue with perspective, sorry
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

NASCAR To Abandon Racing Portion Of Business, Concentrate On

NEW YORK—In a move designed to bring their business closer to its core values, top NASCAR officials announced Monday that from now on, rather than racing to determine a winner, advertising-bedecked cars would slowly circle the track in a noncompetitive marketing parade set to begin with next year's Daytona 500. "Declining revenue made us take a closer look at the sport, and we found that many fans couldn't even see the logos and graphics on cars when all that high-speed racing was taking place," NASCAR president Mike Helton said. "Now that we've eliminated the competitive aspect, we're also free to give our fans what they've been asking for: new advertising on the track, flashier ads applied during pit stops, and a safer, more relaxing marketing environment overall." Fans objecting to the move were encouraged to take advantage of NASCAR's wide array of newly available advertising space to voice their concerns.
___

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky