NASCAR

Discussion in 'Test Area' started by tyotrain, Feb 26, 2011.

1. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

NASCAR smoking food and drinking beer. Life is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

3. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]              [​IMG]                [​IMG]             [​IMG]  

NASCAR      smoking food and drinking beer.         Life is good

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

NASCAR - isnt that the guys that have not figured out how to make right turns  ?

5. dauntless

dauntless Meat Mopper

[quote name="Scarbelly" url="/forum/thread/103901/nascar#post_599979"]
    NASCAR - isnt that the guys that have not figured out how to make right turns  ?
    [/quote]

Hey! They do two road courses a year!! :biggrin:

6. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They turn right 2 races a year Gary LOL

7. rednecksmoker

rednecksmoker Newbie

Here we go with the "Left turn circuit" jokes.  Keep em coming guys!  Lmao

8. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Is this where we can debate that they're not really athletes?

[​IMG]

9. jakerz66

jakerz66 Smoke Blower

I like to think myself a country boy but I just can't find the entertainment value of watching cars go in circles.....just sayin

10. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

N    Non

A     Athletic

S     Sport

C    Circled

A     Around

R    Rednecks

Now this is one that I have heard. I used to watch it but I still like the drinking beer and smoking meat part thou.

11. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's why they never get lost.

12. kurtsara

kurtsara Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I have been to a bunch of races, it's not cheap to get in and spend the day there, you see allot more than just rednecks at a Nascar race

I could never understand watching guys playing with a ball but that's just me, I have never watched sports, not even superbowl

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  13. If you think they are not athletes do this little test to help your perspective. Get in your car when it's over 80 outside. Close your windows. Crank up the heat and drive for 3 hours. Let me know how you feel if you make it.

14. rp ribking

rp ribking Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Ale, ya forgot one thing. Drive 190-200mph bumper to bumper for 3 hours and rest only if your car is totaled, LOL.

15. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

I like NASCAR, but that don't make me feel like an athlete any more than screaming advice from the sidelines

And I don't see that as an issue with perspective, sorry [​IMG]

16. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

[​IMG]

17. That's an old one. Was funny first time I saw it though. Sort of. My best friend is his engine tuner.

18. mco

mco Smoke Blower

NASCAR To Abandon Racing Portion Of Business, Concentrate On

NEW YORK—In a move designed to bring their business closer to its core values, top NASCAR officials announced Monday that from now on, rather than racing to determine a winner, advertising-bedecked cars would slowly circle the track in a noncompetitive marketing parade set to begin with next year's Daytona 500. "Declining revenue made us take a closer look at the sport, and we found that many fans couldn't even see the logos and graphics on cars when all that high-speed racing was taking place," NASCAR president Mike Helton said. "Now that we've eliminated the competitive aspect, we're also free to give our fans what they've been asking for: new advertising on the track, flashier ads applied during pit stops, and a safer, more relaxing marketing environment overall." Fans objecting to the move were encouraged to take advantage of NASCAR's wide array of newly available advertising space to voice their concerns.
    ___