1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Name this smoker

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by Jh0, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Jh0

Jh0 Newbie

Can anyone identify this smoker? Is it any good?

Screenshot_20190106-133140.png Screenshot_20190106-133923.png

2. drunkenmeatfist

drunkenmeatfist Meat Mopper

I'd name it Steve or Jim

Jh0 and motocrash like this.
  3. Winterrider

Winterrider Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

$30 bucks , give it a shot. Could always use for cold smoker.

4. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Jh0 likes this.
  5. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They call them, El Cheapo Brinkmann Smokers. Mecca and a couple other companies made similar versions. They have a charcoal pan, topped by a water bowl and one or two cooking grates. They are a major PITA to maintain temps below 300+. I have not looked lately but they sold New for around $50. If you want a toy to smoke Chicken, go for it. Anything else and your Family will hear some really colorful language coming from the backyard...JJ

Jh0 likes this.
  6. Fgignac

Fgignac Smoke Blower

Agreed,

not worth $30 IMO

Jh0 likes this.
  7. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yup that's what it is an ECB I had one and used it till if wore out. A leaning curve to control temp in. but it can be done. Had a lot of great food from mine over the years. But for a few dollars more you can get some other great units.

Warren

8. oldsmokerdude

oldsmokerdude Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

ECB...that's what I cut my smoking teeth on. They are a PITA, but you can produce some tasty food in one with a bit of effort and fortitude.