Name this smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jh0

Original poster
Jan 6, 2019
Can anyone identify this smoker? Is it any good?

Screenshot_20190106-133140.png Screenshot_20190106-133923.png

They call them, El Cheapo Brinkmann Smokers. Mecca and a couple other companies made similar versions. They have a charcoal pan, topped by a water bowl and one or two cooking grates. They are a major PITA to maintain temps below 300+. I have not looked lately but they sold New for around $50. If you want a toy to smoke Chicken, go for it. Anything else and your Family will hear some really colorful language coming from the backyard...JJ

Reactions: Jh0
They are a major PITA to maintain temps below 300+. I have not looked lately but they sold New for around $50. If you want a toy to smoke Chicken, go for it. Anything else and your Family will hear some really colorful language coming from the backyard...JJ

Agreed,

not worth $30 IMO

Reactions: Jh0
Yup that's what it is an ECB I had one and used it till if wore out. A leaning curve to control temp in. but it can be done. Had a lot of great food from mine over the years. But for a few dollars more you can get some other great units.

Warren

ECB...that's what I cut my smoking teeth on. They are a PITA, but you can produce some tasty food in one with a bit of effort and fortitude.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky