My WSM18's new cart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Though I only need to move the WSM a whopping 6+ feet to it's regular smoking spot, which is where the MES40 resides when it's earning it's keep, I wanted a way to ease the movement. Thus based really on what raw materials I already had in my shop, I went for a metal cart. The only thing I needed to buy were the 3 cast wheels.
IMG_1231.JPG
IMG_1236.JPG

Have not locked down the legs of the WSM to the cart to see if I really need it. So far, nope!
IMG_1235.JPG

Out in the smoking shed along with it's buddies, the MES40 and Masterbuilt gasser smokers:
IMG_1238.JPG
IMG_1237.JPG

At it's new regular smoking spot which is shared with the other smokers when needed:
IMG_1239.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good Craig, how's it move over the lawn and rougher surfaces. I in the same type of situation.

Chris

Thanks all for the thumbs up.

Looks good Craig, how's it move over the lawn and rougher surfaces. I in the same type of situation.
Chris

Chris, for lawns, etc , I would probably use much larger diameter wheels and would consider using a larger and square shape platform. Since I'm moving mine just a few feet, on concrete, I was able to keep the size to a minimum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky