My winter smoke today with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rlk438

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 24, 2013
KC MO area Harrisonville MO
The temp and wind this morning.
This is what she looked like. Kind of cold.
Warmed up nicely. Right is alarm temp. Just in case things get to hot
Pork butts and loin ready to go on
Chicken with potatoes beside them going to try twice smoked potatoes
Reheated some pulled pork on the smoker for family for lunch
Chicken fresh off the smoker
Total of 4 fatties done today
Twice smoked potatoes. They were very good. Skin was to smokey though.
This was my lunch
Pork loin done and ready to rest. Will slice.
Good thing I setup the temp alarm on the pit. Phone said it was 3 at this time. Had to shut it down some.
Time to put the fish on

Will post more q-view shortly. But need to slice loin and don't want to lose the uploads.

Here is the first half of the pork loin
Here is the second half. Daughter thought it should be arranged better.
She was chief washer all day.

Got a 3 bay sink to make it easier to wash my smoking tools. Can also supervise the kids helping better.
Here is the roast off to rest. Then slice. The kids have pork loin, beef roast, or ham for breakfast. All smoked. They are so deprived. :-)

That is a lot of food and you likely need some place to store it. I would be happy to do that for you.

Disco

Just got done. Forgot to take photo of pulled pork. But got 3 of the 1/2 chaffing pans full. Daughter is finish some clean up. Will put some of it away tomorrow night. On the bright side. Have found an automated way to pull it.

Thank you. I do these about every 3 weeks. The pulled pork and part of the chicken is for a church youth group. eBay and Craig's list are my friends for adding to my toy collection. We live on a farm and have the freezers and refrigerators for storage. With the freezers I can stock up when I find good sales. We have our own beef. But you only get 2 briskest. Night all I am ready for bed.

Looks very tasty, I may be coming over for dinner if that's ok !! Dang, good eats y'all had there !! Thumbs Up

Now that's a happy smoker! I saw those twice smoked taters and scrolled by thinking OMG! He's smoking oysters in Mo. LOL

Those big sinks are sure nice when its comes harvest season to wash all the buckets of produce too! No, I don't have one but I can definitely see the possibilities with one. 4 or 5 each 5 gal buckets adds up real fast.

Nice looking smoke, its always great when the kids enjoy it too.

It was a beautiful day here to smoke......  and tomorrow is Lundi Gras, red beans, rice and smoked Andouille!

man look at those slices of loin!
thumb1.gif

what church do you go to and if you do shindigs like that often is 49 to old to join in the youth group!!! nice feast

what church do you go to and if you do shindigs like that often is 49 to old to join in the youth group!!! nice feast
Local baptist. They always need sponsors. Same age here. They let the mature people out of the games. We do logistics / cook. :-)

Now that's a happy smoker! I saw those twice smoked taters and scrolled by thinking OMG! He's smoking oysters in Mo. LOL

Those big sinks are sure nice when its comes harvest season to wash all the buckets of produce too! No, I don't have one but I can definitely see the possibilities with one. 4 or 5 each 5 gal buckets adds up real fast.

Nice looking smoke, its always great when the kids enjoy it too.

It was a beautiful day here to smoke......  and tomorrow is Lundi Gras, red beans, rice and smoked Andouille!
I really like the sinks. Takes awhile to find them a lot of use cost as much as new. Don't know yet how many gallons one of them hold yet.

Looks very tasty, I may be coming over for dinner if that's ok !! Dang, good eats y'all had there !! Thumbs Up
Thank you. Been thinking about having a party but still nervous about done time to eat on time.

Everything looks delicious! Nicely done! Thumbs Up

Red
Thank you

Nice batch of food! You have a lot of nice equipment as well.

Thank you. I enjoy following this site and the posts everyone does
That is a lot of food and you likely need some place to store it. I would be happy to do that for you.

Disco
Let's see you are number 123 on the list. The ones at the top give me wood for my stick burner or meat. :-)

Holy Cow, you don't mess around! Looks Great!!
Thank you. Go big or go home seems to be the way I play. Wife says boys don't grow up their toys just get bigger. :-). But she loves this set.

WOW, that's a pile of food! Looks great!

Thank you
WOW.  All looks great.
Thank you

Awesome.  Love it all.  You mentioned that the potato skins were too smokey, is there a way to get around that and still do twice smoked?  I would love to try that as well as try to smoke stuffed peppers.
I smoked them for 3 hours. Read some where. I think they could have come off sooner. Then when I twice smoked them I didn't put one of my remote thermometer in for the 2nd. When I pulled some other things I checked them and they were only 88 and not ready. But then I forgot to check them till I pulled some other things. They center was very hot but skin was some what dried and we'll smoked. I want to try some other things next time.
1. Wrap a few in foil for first smoke.
2. Put some olive oil on some of them
3. Pre bake them some of them in stove
4. PUT in a temp prob for second smoke!

But I think most of it was over cooking. In total they had upwards of 5 hours. I was using oak and some hickory. They were also at the hottest end of my reverse flow smoker.

Definitely planing on doing more of them. I even warmed one back up for supper. Funny thing is even though wife said they were to smokey now that I think on it she had one for supper also. :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky