My UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kamont

Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Ontario Canada
IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_0428.jpg

Here's a pic of my UDS, waiting on my temp gauges. I put in 3 air intake 3/4" each, 2 are controlled with the ball valve and a capped nipple out back. Exhaust is 2 .5 pipe. Basket is 12"wx14"lx14"h

Last edited:
Nice fire basket, the bail handle is going to come in handy and I like the cross-hatch you made for the bottom. How high does it sit off the bottom of the drum.

Well how time flies, Haven't use my smoker yet. Had trouble getting smoker up to temp so put away for later date. Back in the shop for redesign, increased the air intakes -2 at 3/4" with ball valves and 1 at 1 1/4" with ball valve, increased the chimney to 2 3/4 x 16" and raise the height of charcoal basket to 4" now I can get up to temp. I think because of weather temp differences (from different geographic areas) the sizing of intake and out let is quite a bit difference ( today 5 0 degrees) need to raise temp significantly more than an area that has 100 degree temp. Still playing with air intake, got it to maintain 230-240 degrees. Next step see how we do with meat.
Take care all.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky