My UDS build with stainless steel intake and exhaust

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ratdawg

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Willows, CA
They had some scrap stainless steel tubing at work, so I thought I would put it to good use. I make mine so I can either hang the meat (tri tip, 1/2 chickens), or use the cooking grid.
5abea68c_BarrelSmoker012.jpg

394a3877_BarrelSmoker003.jpg
0cc47787_BarrelSmoker010.jpg
7d0ab2cb_BarrelSmoker006.jpg

cool.gif

Well that's one of the better looking Ugly Drum Smokers that I have seen in a while. I think a little orange and blue high temp paint would make it look even better.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, still not sure if I will keep this one or not.  I do think it looks good with the stainless steel, and a weber lid fits good so I could go with two racks.

and a weber lid fits good so I could go with two racks.
Or three or four. Get that dome lid on there and get going. The dome is the way to go in my opinion, especially if you can hinge it.

Looks good, have you cooked on this yet? just wondering about the charcoal basket being expanded metal on the bottom, curious to see if it holds up because someone here made one like that and the heat broke the metal, i would like to not have to buy the weber grate to use for the bottom of the basket if i can so let us know if that holds up? and where did you get the rebar handles? very cool

pandemonium, I have not used the UDS yet, as I will be selling this one. The expanded metal has worked good in the past, we will see how it works this time. Also I make the rebar handles myself, thanks

pandemonium, I have not used the UDS yet, as I will be selling this one. The expanded metal has worked good in the past, we will see how it works this time. Also I make the rebar handles myself, thanks
what did you use to bend the rebar so nice? i want to do mine that way

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky