My turn for Hail Damage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I still dealing with this sorry ins adjuster! Does not answer emails or phone calls. I need to report him to someone. They only paid for half a roof and my roofer says both sides damaged, also the shed roof damaged. He sent a report with pictures to them. This is just crazy!

Sorry to hear that Brian. We went thru the same thing with our insurance with the hail storm. Did over $30,000 in damages & they covered it all but $1000. However it took a lot of phone calls and over a year to get everything fixed. New roof on main house, new aluminum roof on carport, patio, & lanai, new window in Master, new siding on back of house, new carpet in Master (due to glass shards from window), and a new gazebo. And of course it destroyed all our landscaping, which we were not reimbursed for. Then a few month’s later we get a hurricane that did more damage. It has been one hell of a year, but everything is finally fixed & we did some upgrades with the new materials. So in the end it’s all good. Hope you have similar experience! Just remember eventually you WILL get your life back!
Al

Damn, that stinks.
I've had the same insurance lady for over 40 yrs now.
She is the claims manager now, which is awesome for me. A few months ago, some dirtbag tried but failed to steal my truck out of my brother's driveway. They hammered a screwdriver into the door tumbler and ignition tumbler, along with tearing out the plastic trim on the steering column. Little pricks!!!
Anyhows, I got the run around from two different adjusters and was without my truck for 3 weeks. I called my ins. co and asked to speak with the claims manager, who happens to be the lady I've known for over 40 yrs.
She jumped on the adjusters ass and said that if I didn't have my truck repaired and back to me by the end of the next day, that the adjuster was out of a job. The claims adjuster that I was dealing with, and never returned my calls, all of a sudden did a complete 360 and was calling me twice a day with progress reports. I had my truck returned to my driveway the following morning at 8:00 AM, and it was completely detailed with 3 key fobs and 3 extra keys.

Fast forward to last Saturday, A lady backed into my truck in the hardware store parking lot. The adjuster wouldn't return my calls, so I called and ask to speak with the claims manager. My lady friend retired so this person was new to me, anyhow, after I spoke with her my adjuster called me back within 5 minutes. So it pays to ask to speak with the "claims manager", Brian.

My bumper is being replaced with Road Armor heavy duty powder coated bumper that I will install. All for the same price as a stock Chevy bumper, which was a twisted mess from a love tap in a parking lot.
Best of luck to you.
Dan.

And still nothing. I am getting pretty pissed off now. There has to be something I can do! Called everyone my agent gave me. I been with them 35 years which means nothing now a days.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky