My turn for Hail Damage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Had a storm come through last week. Here in Texas we get some wild rides! I was just leaving the river when it was coming in. I love to sit on top the dam to watch storms come in. Can see forever 360. Ended up just raining with no lightning or tornado so just went home. Five minutes after got home hail started and went on for about 20 minutes. Put a lot of holes in sliding. Bad thing is I have paid extra for a $250 deductable for over 30 years and they took it away from me. Bastards. Now Hail under its own category with higher deductibles than regular stuff. Like they say could of been worse. At least I have not got a new truck yet.

IMG_20230310_143445232_HDR.jpg IMG_20230310_143436317_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear/see this, Brian. But, as you said. At least you didn't have your new truck yet.

That really sucks Brian! Glad you weren't still sitting on the dam!

Ryan

Yeah, that sucks big time. I hope your insurance is like a good neighbor.

I still dealing with the ins. I been with Allstate for 35 years. The guy that was handling the claim got promoted and the one that took it over is an idiot! Lie's, doesn't answer emails or phone. They only going to replace half the roof. Only paid $1500 to replace that siding. Dont think you can buy materials for that. Have a 30' patio metal roof that is hammered. He said he looked at in google earth and it looks OK. I told him several times to look at the pictures the guy took and gave him page numbers. Also sent him pictures. He said need to use chalk on them like they do. Final made him look at pictures while talking to him after getting him to call after daily messages. He said would submit it but he has lied several times all ready. Sent payment to bank missing the 1000 in front of account number. Bank refused it now having hard time getting them to resend it. I so tired of dealing with this.

Then hit a huge pot hole in my 03 Park Ave and broke a rim. Order one on parts site and they did not have and suppose to give refund. Still no refund. That was few weeks ago. Ordered another and looked like it was dug up and had big dent. At least got refund for that. Finally got good one yesterday. And of course dealing with others issues. I losing my mind but tell myself could be worse! I so ready for things to get back on track.

• Sad
Reactions: GaryHibbert
Hang in there Brian! Go give Gretchen a big hug... will make you both feel better!

Ryan

Ins company, need to keep the pressure on them or they'll slide you under the carpet. Request agent to come access on site damage so nothing is missed, window trim, door trim, gutters, etc.
Hang in there Brian . . . were here to lean on.

Ya that sucks and like said before don't get me started on insurance companies. They suck to.

Wow, your house really took a hit from the storm. I hope, through persistence, you ccan get appropriate response from the insurance company. Sometimes showing up in person gets their attention; if they are in your area...

Keep heart and know the rough time will blow over (no pun intended).

Kim

Don't be in a hurry to cash the checks you have or get . Get a contractor that works with Allstate . They should be able to get the funds from the Insurance company to complete the job . Just make sure of that up front . I know . It's a bitch . They want you to give up .

Don't be in a hurry to cash the checks you have or get . Get a contractor that works with Allstate . They should be able to get the funds from the Insurance company to complete the job . Just make sure of that up front . I know . It's a bitch . They want you to give up .
Finally got this claim closed. They did pay for patio roof. Now if money will show up in account. Allstate should no contractors for my area on their site but really want to use this guy I know is good. I got hot tub fixed. Got my wheel for car and back on road. Starting to feel some relief! Just got to figure out vehicle thing. Been spending several hours every morning searching.

Reactions: KBFlyer

I went through this with Farmers about 10 years ago. Got a roofer to meet the adjustor on the roof and they still said I did not have enough damage to replace the roof. My house was only roof in the entire area that did not get replaced. I've never understood why.

I called my Farmers agent a couple weeks ago, asked him if replacing the decking under my roof was covered. He did not know what I was talking about, he said " depends upon the size of the deck " . Thought I was talking about a patio deck. He said would check on it and return the call. Haven't heard from him. Time to shop insurance.

They also modified my policy while raising the premium. Since my roof is now more than 12 years old, they will only pay 65% of a new roof. More money, less coverage.

My Dad was an insurance agent. Things aren't like they used to be. These young guys do business in a different way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky