• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow...look awesome.

How do I join the Enablers Club?
Easy. Big wallet. No regard to common sense. Needing at least 2 items that do the same thing. And. The most important qualification. A wife that rolls her eyes at your purchases. That is probably the most important qualification for the enabler card.

Looks absolutely fantastic, Al! I have yet to try beef bacon myself. Maybe need to see if the processor can save me some beef belly on the next beef I have processed.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Great looking bacon Al.
Dang TNJAKE TNJAKE , sorry to hear of your misfortune. Been lucky enough that I haven't had to go through that tough loss
Appreciate it bud. We had 80mph winds for several hours trees down everywhere. Folks just half mile down the road went without power for a solid week. I chalk it up as a minor inconvenience. Insurance will "eventually" reimburse us for the food. In the meantime we've already started replacing.
Screenshot_20230313_141443.png

Hope insurance company works with ya decently. We are fortunate to have mostly buried power lines in our area so that isn't an issue. Course ND really lacks in trees to start with , lol.

Sorry, back to original post !

Reactions: SmokinAl and TNJAKE
Nice work on the streaky beefy bacon Al.
Well thanks to our old friend Robert @tx smoker I have a nice piece of beef belly, CPB of course.
That is generous gesture to a really nice couple, Robert.
The weather has not been cooperating , it’s been hot & I want to cold smoke this.
You're welcome for the cooler weather, Al.
My son and his girlfriend came down for a visit and we blame them for bringing winter with them.
We figured out thru trial & error, that beef bacon needs to be cooked slowly in the oven. We fried a test piece & it was like fatty jerky. So we cooked it in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes. It came out crispy & tender. The big difference is this stuff is a flavor bomb.
I learned that the hard way too.
I pan sauté at low heat with a bit of added bacon grease.
Fresh made bread, tomato from the garden, lettuce from the garden, & homemade beef bacon. Dang I guess I’ll have to start making my own mayo!
Happy that Judy got the tomato going.
I will only reluctantly eat a BLT from a store bought tomato.
Oh man, maybe I can sell the "third" fridge as the shop fridge.....Yea yea.....LOL.....
I just barely get by with 2 full size plus an upright freezer at home.
Down here is a crappy side by side and it gets full fast.

Looks delicious Al. I love the stuff. Sadly just lost all mine to a 4 day power outage. I agree the oven is the best way to cook it. Nice work bud
A backup generator to cycle between the fridge(s) and freezer(s) and still run the lights, TV, and the internet box is not expensive, but requires some juggling on the loads.

Looks delicious Al. I love the stuff. Sadly just lost all mine to a 4 day power outage. I agree the oven is the best way to cook it. Nice work bud

A backup generator to cycle between the fridge(s) and freezer(s) and still run the lights, TV, and the internet box is not expensive, but requires some juggling on the loads.
Thinking again this may have occurred when you weren't at home. Auto back up units aren't cheap, unfortunately, but they are reliable if the local electric utility is not.
Luckily your HOI covers the tab (less deductable). Some do not cover the fridge/freezer contents well.

Reactions: SmokinAl and TNJAKE
Yep a whole house generator is coming soon. We don't usually loose power like that and we're vacationing in the mountains so caught off guard

What a fantastic job Al. Likes all around. Very nice.

Wow, Al...that looks terrific!! I'd say you killed it - nicely done my friend!

Red

Great looking bacon Al! I started a beef belly on Monday, I got something good to look forward to after seeing yours.

Looks incredible Al!

That looks fantastic Al! Awesome job on it! Also glad Judy is sharing with you!

The members of the Enablers Club feel you need another fridge... then you would have room to cure beef bellies! It was Steve H Steve H Idea that I should pass this info along!

Ryan

Wow...look awesome.

How do I join the Enablers Club?

You couldn't ask for a better outcome Al. Beautiful Beef Belly Bacon!
You didn't mention what wood/pellets you used, curious minds want to know....

Thanks a lot fellas, I used a combo of hickory & cherry lumberjack pellets!
Al

Looks great Al , and thanks for the how to steps
Love the BLT

David

Thanks David!
It was worth the effort!
Al

Looks absolutely fantastic, Al! I have yet to try beef bacon myself. Maybe need to see if the processor can save me some beef belly on the next beef I have processed.

Thanks Doug!
It sure would be worth it to try to get a belly, especially if it was from your own cows!
Al

Great looking bacon Al.
Dang TNJAKE TNJAKE , sorry to hear of your misfortune. Been lucky enough that I haven't had to go through that tough loss

Thanks Bro, & hating to hear of your loss too Jake!
Al

Nice work on the streaky beefy bacon Al.

That is generous gesture to a really nice couple, Robert.

You're welcome for the cooler weather, Al.
My son and his girlfriend came down for a visit and we blame them for bringing winter with them.

I learned that the hard way too.
I pan sauté at low heat with a bit of added bacon grease.

Happy that Judy got the tomato going.
I will only reluctantly eat a BLT from a store bought tomato.

I just barely get by with 2 full size plus an upright freezer at home.
Down here is a crappy side by side and it gets full fast.

Looks fantastic Al!! That tomato looks amazing as well.

Carousel. Worthy! You had me at garden tomato and lettuce! I bet that sandwich was awesome! Now I want a BLT!!!! LOL!!

Nice work Al!

looks like some killer bacon Al! You did that belly justice!
Thanks fellas!
Al

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man...I'm gonna get an ulcer from my guts growling every time I come here. Soooo many good things to try out.

Well done SmokinAl. 🤤

Al, phenomenal job on that beef bacon! Nice color and looks real tasty! And that sammie, I could almost live off those! Congrats on a well deserved ride buddy!

Great lesson Al!!
Never had "Beef" bacon, but now I just have to get my hands on some beef belly. Haven't even done pork belly yet, but your presentation puts beef at the top of the list. Congratulations on the carousel ride!

Don

Great lesson Al!!
Never had "Beef" bacon, but now I just have to get my hands on some beef belly. Haven't even done pork belly yet, but your presentation puts beef at the top of the list. Congratulations on the carousel ride!

Don
There's a link on the thread on the upcoming throwdown to Porter Road, it's where one of the prizes is coming from... I saw they had beef belly!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky