My son turned 16 today and wanted brisket for dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 11, 2010
McHenry, Illinois
My oldest is 16 today and wanted brisket, so I prepared it yesterday for smoking, and fired up the GOSM this morning around 5 a.m., it's only a 9 lb brisket, I didn't get any prep pics but here it is at 161*

9a8e5c67_Damiansbirthdaybrisket.jpg

icon_cool.gif

I would wish it was my birthday too if thats what I was going to eat. It looks great and I hope you have him there with you smoking this brisket.

Looks good so far! Grats on raising him to 16..... now you can kiss your car keys goodbye for the next couple of years.... lol.
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

He's in school, we let them stay home Monday after Halloween, I'll do another one when it gets colder, so he can really appreciate it

Tell him Happy Birthday . We share the same birthday,Except ,When ya get to be my age .They become annual days of depression.

Tell him Happy Birthday . We share the same birthday,Except ,When ya get to be my age .They become annual days of depression.
That's OK Eman.... I hear a belly full of good brisket and beer will cure that depression in a hurry!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
  Brisket the new miracle drug!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky